Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bowling with Mom and Dad!!


Last night I went bowling with some girlfriends. Of course I had my trusty bowling bag and shoes, and my multi color ball with my name on it (It was a 15 lb) ball :0
I think I pulled a muscle just picking it up. Those were the days. Anyhow I digress (sp?)
I was looking through my bag, that had the weirdest stuff in it, and I came across this score card of a time that Bill and I went bowling with Mom and Dad. I can remember the day, Dad did NOT want to go, he said "bowling isn't a sport!". But we dragged him kicking and screaming. We ended up having fun. What I noticed was that Mom and I had been on multiple bowling leagues, and take a look at our scores. If you click on the picture you can see it enlarged. Also look at the price of the entire evening!!! That included our shoes. What I also noticed was that Dad took score, and if you look, on my score he had put hearts all over my score, that was a awesome gift I got last night. My entire evening was filled with thoughts of Mom and Dad, and the fun everyday things we did when I lived with them. I just thought I would share this with all of you. It makes me so proud of all their children, because we have all kept up the tradition of loving our children and making them our priority. I now see it in all Mom and Dad grandchildren, they all adore their children, count them as blessings, and we all collectively share in the joy of all their births. We are a unique and special family. I love you all.....(I know I sound kinda dopey right now, but I sure do appreciate our family)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww.... what a good memory. that made me really miss them.

Cass

SRT and LST said...

That's a nice keepsake. But I keep wondering who won the bowling match?

Anonymous said...

did you click on it to enlarge it stephen? It looks like uncle bill did.

SRT and LST said...

Yup. You're right. You're so smart Cassandra.

Unknown said...

I saw Cassandra at McDonalds yesterday afternoon, and she told me about the bowling score paper. I feel bad about saying I didn't get on the web site, but, I haveen't. Anyway, we finally got the snow off of our dish around 15 minutets ago, and I had a chance to check out your blog Lizzy.

It makes me so happy thinking about you guys being together going bowling. I'm so glad you didn't have a cleaned up bowling bag, all tidy and no stuff in it, because then you wouldn't have had this piece of memory. :)

Mary