Monday, January 21, 2008

Our day trip to a winery to celebrate MLK, Jr.'s BD


Bill and I drove the Hurtle Mill, North Carolina today!! If you blink you will miss it. It has a gas station and store, that looks like the one on Mayberry!! Really cute, and quite pretty. Anyhow, once you hit Hurtle Mill, you drive another five or so miles into the country (we weren't in the country already??) and you come upon this beautiful winery. Quite hilarious, if you think where you actually are. It was so beautiful, all the floors done in beautiful limestone, and every surface was covered in granite or marble. They are way ahead of their times. Why it was built there was because the owners inherited the land from the mans Dad, it has been in their family for generations, so he decided to start growing grapes, he went to Vintenier school, and then built this winery. As you can imagine on this cold, cold day we were the only people there, so we had the undivided attention from the lady pouring the wine, it was delightful talking to her about the area. Anyhow, that was our afternoon.

6 comments:

Hank and Mary said...

Well, several comments here Lizzy. You either found your camera, or you have a new one. Its very nice. It looks like you have a great winery near you, and I genuinley appreciate it that you shared it with us little sister.

TAITx3 said...

That must have been so much fun.... I'm jealous. What a nice way to spend MLK day. ~Kara

SRT and LST said...

That sounds like so much fun! ~Linsey

SRT and LST said...

"I have a dream. I have a dream that one day, when I don't have to work on a Monday, that I can enjoy a glass of wine in the country side. I have a dream. I have a dream that one day, the prejudices of red, white and shades of wine in between will disappear, disappear into my gullet. I have a dream. I have a dream that when I wake up, my head is not pounding from all that free wine at the vineyard." -- Liz, quoted as she drove through the North Carolina country side.

SRT and LST said...

LOL. Stephen, that was pretty funny. ~linsey

AL said...

Stephen, that was a crack up.
I wish you guys could have been with us, it was crazy fun.