Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thirty-seven years ago, today!!

KILLER QUAKE
14 Killed, 9 at Two Hospitals;Southland Damage in Millions
Scores TrappedIn Building Ruins
Fourteen persons were killed today, nine of them in hospitals as a minute-long earthquake rolled over Los Angeles and suburbs at 6:02 a.m.
It was the worst recorded quake in the city's history.
Heaviest death toll was in San Fernando Valley, epicenter of the jolting, rumbling temblor.
Hey Mary, do you remember that??? Can you believe it has been 37 years?? That was a day I never forget. Every February 9th, I think about it.

1 comment:

Hank and Mary said...

Lizzy, it's hard to believe 37 years have past since that fateful day. I remember it well too, and out of all the days I went to school, that was the only day that LA school district closed the schools. It was so scarey, and I thought the world was ending. It sounded like bombs were falling, or something very loud and onimous was coming after us.